Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Did some Milling

I took the time to get the last big piece of the Oak tree we took down to have room for the yurt onto the sawmill the other day. (that only took half the day). This is the main big tree Surfer Mike helped me take down back in the day when I was afraid of my chainsaw.















the photo above is after a few passes, squaring it up, to get the thing ready to really make lumber.















check out how I now have the mill set correctly, and it actually cuts darn square!

















Making boards!

and some of the results. I'm hoping to make our front door out of these.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...