A couple trees I've moved about 4 stories uphill, and only about 3 stories left to go to get to the axe yard, where I get to split and stack it.
Thursday, April 19, 2018
Yay. I get to learn MUCH more about my water heater than I wanted to. Seems to be leaking from somewhere deep inside. Here's what it looks like when you open it up:
Luckily, the company - Takagi - has a very strong tech support line, and they've emailed me a batch of instructions on how to take apart, inspect, and ultimately replace the part with one they're sending me. Still, a big project that is pretty vital to the house. Luckily, we have another water heater and shower down at the yurt.
Here's the problem area, up inside the thing:
that was hard. There were about a zillion pieces, all connected in strange ways. Somehow I managed to get it all the way out, and all the way back together. and it works!
One thing I'm glad I did was to tape batches of screws together that went for each area, and labeled them. Working over the laundry machine on an outside deck with cracks in it, I was very afraid I'd drop a part and never find it again.
I had to take the diesel gen apart yesterday, to try and figure out how bad the carbon build up was, and how to fix it. It was bad. This...
Well, we finally got our laundry situation *ironed out*. I made a small redwood frame after a design Melissa saw on some home supply websi...
Still Pegging, Brackets. All the pegs are in now, and in some cases I still have to go back and saw off the ends. Sort of debated about lea...