Thursday, April 19, 2018

Tankless water heater exploration

Yay.  I get to learn MUCH more about my water heater than I wanted to.  Seems to be leaking from somewhere deep inside.  Here's what it looks like when you open it up:

Luckily, the company - Takagi - has a very strong tech support line, and they've emailed me a batch of instructions on how to take apart, inspect, and ultimately replace the part with one they're sending me.   Still, a big project that is pretty vital to the house.  Luckily, we have another water heater and shower down at the yurt. 

Here's the problem area, up inside the thing:



UPDATE:
4/23/18

that was hard.  There were about a zillion pieces, all connected in strange ways.  Somehow I managed to get it all the way out, and all the way back together.  and it works!


One thing I'm glad I did was to tape batches of screws together that went for each area, and labeled them.  Working over the laundry machine on an outside deck with cracks in it, I was very afraid I'd drop a part and never find it again. 





No comments:

New Chimney in

Well, I had to move where the wood stove would sit in the cabin.  Where the previous chimney was placed didn't make sense.  In that spo...