I'm still trying to get this diesel gen to run the way I want it to... it really is the one big project out there that *should* get done. everything else is just maintenance or fun.
Monday, December 22, 2014
My first adaptation on the earth oven was to add a metal chimney with an air vent on the bottom.
Well, I finally felt the old thing was getting to a point that it needed some serious repair, and quite possibly to be torn down and rebuilt. As I started digging in, I decided that I'd just re-do the doorway. Here it is with all the bad stuff removed:
Shots of first round of extra cob for a new archway door and official chimney hole.
Lucky for me I had help!
Add a few tiles, a bit of earthen plaster, and fire it up!
Saturday, December 13, 2014
Already got 15,000 gallons off the roof!
Got to cut this off the road during the last big storm!
People always ask about how the mud house would stand up in the rain. Here's the only bit that got wet during this last 3 day huge storm. The tip of the SW buttress. We keep saying we're going to put tiles on that slope. maybe next summer.
First pie crust!
for a venison pot pie!
I don't think I ever posted about my carport water collection system. The gutters are on, and the double flush system is in place.
I have some additional filter material within the pipe itself, but I still need to work on how best to keep the water cleaner. Still, full tank!
For whatever reason, the driveway to the east of the cabin is a touch higher than the slab of the building, and then curves down to it... a...
Well, we finally got our laundry situation *ironed out*. I made a small redwood frame after a design Melissa saw on some home supply websi...
Still Pegging, Brackets. All the pegs are in now, and in some cases I still have to go back and saw off the ends. Sort of debated about lea...