Monday, December 22, 2014

Rebuild on the Earth Oven - part 2

My first adaptation on the earth oven was to add a metal chimney with an air vent on the bottom.

Well, I finally felt the old thing was getting to a point that it needed some serious repair, and quite possibly to be torn down and rebuilt.  As I started digging in, I decided that I'd just re-do the doorway. Here it is with all the bad stuff removed:

Shots of first round of extra cob for a new archway door and official chimney hole.

Lucky for me I had help!

Add a few tiles, a bit of earthen plaster, and fire it up!  

No comments:

Starting anti-fire prep

Well, we never really stop.  But, took a picture of today's raking below the yurt.  Every year I work to get a bit wider swath cleared....