Friday, August 31, 2007

Hot Hot Hot!

Since it's been really hot these last days, I decided it'd be a perfect time to work on building really hot fires! Actually, I could argue that by cooking outside, I'm not heating up the yurt, so I'm really being thoughtful.

Anyway, here's me being excited about how hot my fire is burning inside my earthen oven.








and here's a direct shot. As you know, after about 3 hours of hot fire, I pull out the coals (no, I haven't yet used them to grill stuff with, but I will) and clean off the brick floor of the oven, and put the pizzas and breads right on the brick. Then I cook up granola, casseroles, etc.




2 comments:

Earth Architecture Blog Group said...

Hi Tys,

I'm planning on creating a hands-on workshop for learning how to build an earth oven and need an image for our flyer. Would you be OK with me using this photo? Yea or nay is fine. Congratulations on such a fine looking oven! Be well,
Sincerely, Eileen Moyer-Mertz

Tys said...

sure! send me a copy of the flyer when you get it done.

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...