Tuesday, March 04, 2008

More new technology!

I've scrounged another item from our good neighbors down the road. The folks who have owned land up here since 1969 but don't live up here have a place that's half junk yard, half treasure trove and mostly a cautionary tale of living in the woods. A while back I had seen that they had this steel framed, spoke-wheeled cart under their cabin, and that it had sat there for a good long time.
After asking them on the phone, I walked over there with a bike pump, inflated the tires right up, and now I'm moving 24 foot logs without much difficulty. This thing was about the max that little cart could handle... I can't say how much it weighed for sure, but when it was laying on the ground, I had to really struggle to lift one end just a few inches off the ground.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...