Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Another side project

Since I have nothing else I need to be doing, I decided to distract myself with some furniture refinishing. Today before starting the fire in the earthen oven to bake bread, I put the finishing touches on the RE-finishing I did to this dresser of my folks.





It was one of the many pieces that got some water damage in the floods in Wisconsin this spring. I actually had to spend more time working on the damage from years of usage... the water damage wasn't that bad on this one.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Oh my! That chest is beautiful. It was well worth the time you spent on restoring it.

Starting anti-fire prep

Well, we never really stop.  But, took a picture of today's raking below the yurt.  Every year I work to get a bit wider swath cleared....