Thursday, June 25, 2009

More progress to report

As of today, the eastern part of our southern exposure (I know, weird, but how else?), the part between the french doors and the 'front' door is already done. That is, we won't be putting more cob on that section. it still needs windows (though the framing posts are there) and plaster, etc, but it does feel like an accomplishment.

Here it is from the inside, with a drinking bottle in the future candle niche. That will get straighted up with plaster and perhaps a tile or stone shelf.


The southwest side is already past my knees, and it will be time to start putting in the window posts there pretty soon.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...