Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Big Tree Finally Down

Ever since the first half of this tree fell down on a quiet morning, we've been worried it was going to fall and squish someone or something. Well, since we weren't quite ready to cob the other morning, I went out and finally took it down. In this first picture, you can see me down by the base of the (leaning) tree, getting ready to cut the notch to guide it down:


A few saw cuts later, and boom! the thing was on the ground. I'm actually in this second picture as well, about where the leaves start on the downed tree. I have my arms up in the air. That's how big this tree was. Definitely the biggest I've ever taken down.


No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...