Journey in the Woods

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Back at work!

I got the lower part of the kitchen sink support in place, with some good grooves on the posts for a tight fit. Also, since the propane line is going to go under there, I decided to throw down a big old HDPE pipe for the gas line to run in. In the ridiculous possibility of an earthquake somehow making the cabinets jump around so much that they land on the pipe, the HDPE will protect it from getting cut by any vertical plywood.

Meanwhile, Melissa got to work on the garden, with some transplants and some watering. The leafy stuff is coming in strong - lettuce, mizuna, arugula, radishes...

and I had another little DIY victory: I figured out why the generator wasn't putting out any power - well, actually, why it was only putting out 2 volts - it was the 'brushes' in the alternator... apparently they wear down over time. Here's a photo of me putting in a new one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home