Monday, September 02, 2013

Steps, Nuts, and Tunnels

The back steps finally got done, after I finally got some more concrete chunks to put in for the patio - so I'd know how far down the steps needed to go!

The entire almond harvest... still, they say that almonds don't grow here at all, and I didn't water the tree once.  Next year, we'll treat the tree right, and see what we get!

I was losing my corn and squash to gophers, so I just gave up and dug up the whole garden trying to find them and put in traps. I had put down 'hardware cloth' aka 1/4in screen, and when I got down to the bottom, I was able to see all their tunnels under the screen.  They managed to find a hole where it overlapped, and got up into the good dirt. 

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...