Journey in the Woods

Saturday, March 08, 2014

Things in various levels of completion

It's not been too exciting around here lately, but some of the projects have moved a bit to a point where a photo might be interesting.  A new batch of flagstones - and a new move to flagstone rather than urbanite(concrete) has got this 2-pick-up-truck-load pile sitting and waiting to be put down:

We're back in the chicken game, with me having caught the one 'wild' chicken who was living in the woods and another generous gift from our neighbors of 2 more chickens had me building a new, stronger coop.  The plastic is to help keep off the rain, and not a permanent feature. It's built, by the way, entirely from one pallet that our extra solar panel came on: 


Other excitement has been around the fact that it finally started raining, and I am now close to having 15,000 gallons of rain water stored.  Here's the inside of the top 2 5k ones... they're hooked together (see below) and almost to the top.

I just created a siphon from one to the other, and it has kept up the balance between the one that gets fed from the roof and the separate one. I will plumb them together later.  

Then I discovered mice are trying to move in to the solar circuit box. Great. 

Worse than mice in the electronics, I discovered a leak in the roof.  We had water coming in *next* to a skylight.  Luckily, the roof warranty still had 6 weeks left of it's 5 year contract (!) and I got the roofers back up here. This is his knife, as he was checking the seal you can see below the knife. They just took 10 minutes to make a change.  It better hold. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home