Saturday, July 12, 2014

a Post on Posts

Here you can see the various stages and tools of hardwood (madrone) pegs, from right to left, from firewood to finished peg.  I haven't timed it, but it probably takes about 20 minutes per peg.   The car port only needed 20 of these. 

This is a notch in the (lower/northern) beam that will be the seat of the rafter-joist.

Another view of the rafter seat, with rafter perspective:

Doing the last hole for the last peg for the rafter. I was concerned that the pegging wouldn't hold much, but they seem to have really worked well.  Notice this is from up on the high side, on the ladder:

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...