The spot right at the front of the house, between the doors has finally gotten a cob bench. It took a while, and has a lot of mass. First, I put in a foundation row of urbanite, and mortared it together.
Then filled that area in with 1 inch drain rock.
Then we got busy cobbing. I put at least 2 truckloads of crappy, uneven urbanite in there, as it isn't a structural piece, and that saved us cob.
The cob went all the way up to the window sill.
Then, I did a finish plaster with fine, sifted sand and local clay. We had the blue tiles left over from the kitchen job, and they match nicely. Looks like I'm wearing camouflage!
Then the bench got a good soaking of linseed oil:
and then got a first, big coating of wax. I hope to do another one or two, but it's a bit stinky, and we have some guests coming, so I'll wait until next week. Then, Melissa has plans to make some outdoor cushions.