Wednesday, August 08, 2018

The Cabin Project - Doorways

Well, the next batch of work is about the cabin on the upper property.  This 'closed in garage' needs to be made into a nice cabin that someone would enjoy living in while being energy efficient. 

The first batch of stuff to tackle is to fix the doors. In this picture, you can see I've cut a space for some french doors to go out the west, and you can see the two side doors -one will be a pantry and one will be the bathroom.  Notice the concrete lip.  That's a problem. 

Outside view of the french door hole, and the already in, new bigger window in the upstairs sleeping loft.  Still need to put trim around that window. 


Close up of the concrete lip. Yes, there's rebar in there too. 



No comments:

Door project, in process

So, of course it wasn't a simple thing.  I ended up cutting down and finding lots of rebar.  So, there was a lot of sledge hammer work....