Thursday, October 29, 2020

Some projects done this year

 Here's some of the stuff I've gotten done lately.  


After cleaning the gutters, I replaced the top screens - that had degraded in the sun - with some metal screens that I had around.  Managed to figure out that I could STAPLE them on, which will work longer than what I was doing before -sewing them on with dental floss. 


The back door had been cracking along the grain lines over the years - turns out its hard to make doors properly.   So I finally came up with what I hope is a good solution - battens!  By strategically placing them over the cracking area and painting a bunch of layers on, the door can now 'breathe' and crack, swell, and shrink without the sunshine coming through.  I hope. 


Made a tile topped table for the patio, since the wooden one couldn't take the rain.  Chess pieces are in progress. 


No comments:

Some projects done this year

 Here's some of the stuff I've gotten done lately.   After cleaning the gutters, I replaced the top screens - that had degraded in t...