Friday, December 21, 2018

Posts almost up, by spiderweb


After I got the posts up around 6 feet off the floor, I decided to move to a winch system.  Of course, I didn't think this was possible, because I didn't think I had a good anchor point.  And then I realized I could use a giant C clamp and clamp it to the concrete stem wall, creating a loop the winch hook could connect to.  Then I used tons of this flat cloth rope stuff I had just been given by an electrician friend.  (1800 pound strength!) He gave me a full bucket of cut offs from his job site. 

I also tied the joints together as they were going up, because I wanted some flexibility, but I didn't want them to pop apart.  
The last 6 inches to get them into place was tough. I had to jack up the whole ceiling with 3 different jacks at the same time and then really pull the posts into place. 

set backs and progress

Turns out the circuit box that was on the cabin only holds SIX circuits.  I need 8.  I guess I have to buy a new box.  darn.  Mana...