Friday, June 13, 2008

Other Garden updates:

Someone's been eating the strawberries, and it's not the banana slugs. I decided to go full force on the defensive, and put in the 'hardware cloth' baskets around the strawberry rows. Didn't take long, and looks pretty good.


Jack models the latest in grape arbor updates. Our seedless table grape was jumping out of the ground, so I gave it something to climb. That's (hand) split rail verticals with heart redwood split
and carved from a very large log (see below)



and the new ameranth is starting to come in. This is just two pinches from the stuff we 'winnowed' a month ago. Seed saving has begun!


and, First Potatoes! I robbed just two potato plants for one meals' worth the other day. Man, these were good.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...