Thursday, October 16, 2008

Going, Going, Going... UP!

As the farm jack continues to show it's infinite worth, we kept bringing up the cribs and jacking a bit at a time. It was getting pretty high, and it was a bear getting the jack up and down each one.



Then we hooked up a bunch of ropes to the top beam, put a pulley in a tree and hooked the metal cable to the chain winch and started pulling it up that way.








And then it was UP!











Today we got the post footings in the right spots with some extra winching, and Melissa did all the work of moving the cribs out of the way.





It looks pretty good. And big.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed by you guys! If that was me I would have just hired someone else to do it at this point. Just reading your blog makes me tired!

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...