Sunday, November 08, 2009

Veggie Oil Arrival

Due to an awesome hook up in the veggie powered vehicle world, we were given 145 gallons of waste veg oil, which came in two full 55 gal drums, and a bunch more jugs. They had a forklift to put them on the truck, but I had to get them off up here on the mountain. Each barrel weighs about 420lbs.
Still, they're pretty solid, so I just built a quick simple ramp. Actually getting the barrels on their sides was harder than getting them off the truck. I just rolled them off onto the ground.


Once they were on the ground, Melissa and I were able to stand them up and move them into a position we liked.

That's a lot of fuel!

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...