Thursday, August 19, 2010

Details and Celebrations

Here's some photos of stuff that's going on around here while we prep for interior plastering.

A close up of the kitchen window (the one that opens) shows how I had to shim the heck out of the thing, and then cut a piece off of the window itself to make it into the hinge side. Here you can see the different blocks/shims, with insulating foam around it. This will get trimmed with varnished redwood on both sides.

This is Melissa celebrating the last piece of rigid insulation going into the ceiling. She did the whole thing. What a project!

Earlier today she was re-grouting the slate windowsill pieces that had to be replaced after I dropped a 2x4 on them and cracked them off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG. Awesome. Get ready to write a book on this.
Bernie

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...