Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Small fixes for the floor

In the kitchen, I had put some 2x4s into the subfloor as potential anchors for the cabinetry. Then, when we finally decided on the depth of the cabinets and placements of the posts, these footings weren't in the right areas. So I just put the floor over them.
Well, the thinner layer of finish floor didn't like that, and there were some small cracks due to faster drying or whatever. To fix them, first I wet down the area with a spray bottle,

and then took a little bit of leftover floor mix (remoistened) and just worked it in with the trowel:

then, gently swept away any excess, and it seemed to work pretty well. Here you can see all the little spots I had to work on:

No comments:

Starting anti-fire prep

Well, we never really stop.  But, took a picture of today's raking below the yurt.  Every year I work to get a bit wider swath cleared....