Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Little projects

There seems like hundreds of these little things still to do around the place, and more detailed and important to get right, as they are so front and center to the daily life.

I whittled up the dutch door lock for the back door, finally. and got the door knob on. I love how all three of our doors use the same key.

Melissa has started in on the persimmons for this year. We're trying it the more traditional Japanese way, outside under the eaves. We'll have to see how well they do compared to others.

the rest of my day was spent almost putting another drawer together. It was a great day to be doing carpentry outside.
Still, it's amazing how difficult I find each one of these drawers. I'm making six, and this is my fourth. Maybe by the end of this I'll have these dovetails figured out.


No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...