Saturday, April 28, 2012

Round Table Repairs

I started noticing the round table we use to eat at was more loose than normal, so I started taking a closer look and found now only was the latch and hinge a bit messed up (the top flips up) but the legs were all loose as well.  So I took it apart:
 Turns out two of the 6 pegs holding the legs in had broken at some point, and the glue job had failed:
 Also, one of the two screws that acted as a hinge had snapped off, so I had to drill it out.  Notice the cool 'egg beater' hand drill doing a great job.
 Then, gluing it all back up and replacing the hinge screws with new ones, we're back in business.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...