Friday, January 04, 2013

Winter Activities

When it was raining and a good time to stay by the fire, Melissa worked up the crib with a new cover, using some old cloth she had found at her grandma's house:
 Then, as it hasn't rained in a few days, I finally got to fixing up the last bit of the urbanite patio area - the west point.  When we get more, we'll have an edge go around the west side, behind where the wheelbarrow is in this photo. Then we'll fill in the 'pad' with small pea gravel or crushed granite. 
 More to have something to do with breadcrumbs than to feed the birds, I built a quick little feeder the other day out of some scraps.  it's just tall enough that the dog generally doesn't get his nose in it, but I think I put it too close to where he likes to sit in the morning, making it tough for the birds to check it out. 

And, just for fun yesterday Melissa and I went on an exploratory wild mushroom hunt, and came back with a lot of samples we didn't quite know.  Check the tennis ball on the left for size comparisons. 

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...