Friday, December 21, 2018

Posts almost up, by spiderweb


After I got the posts up around 6 feet off the floor, I decided to move to a winch system.  Of course, I didn't think this was possible, because I didn't think I had a good anchor point.  And then I realized I could use a giant C clamp and clamp it to the concrete stem wall, creating a loop the winch hook could connect to.  Then I used tons of this flat cloth rope stuff I had just been given by an electrician friend.  (1800 pound strength!) He gave me a full bucket of cut offs from his job site. 

I also tied the joints together as they were going up, because I wanted some flexibility, but I didn't want them to pop apart.  
The last 6 inches to get them into place was tough. I had to jack up the whole ceiling with 3 different jacks at the same time and then really pull the posts into place. 

No comments:

into the world of piston! Lister 6/1 piston cleaning.

Once again diving into an area I don't know enough about, I've pulled the cylinder off the Lister to see if there's something w...