Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Gen challenges - carbon build up

I had to take the diesel gen apart yesterday, to try and figure out how bad the carbon build up was, and how to fix it.  It was bad.   This is the 'head' the top of the gen where the piston hits:

This is the top of the piston, with a copper gasket around it.  

This is the piston head after I spent time cleaning it off.  Here's hoping I didn't screw something up with my cleaning efforts: 

No comments:

set backs and progress

Turns out the circuit box that was on the cabin only holds SIX circuits.  I need 8.  I guess I have to buy a new box.  darn.  Mana...