Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Chimney goes up


Today we put up the chimney for the wood stove. Here's a picture of me a couple days ago, right after I worked up a sweat digging a hole for the footing of the support post.





















Melissa's dad, Art, came and was a key part of us getting the post up, as well as the chimney. Here I am testing the strength of the shelf that holds the chimney. the pipes are about 90 pounds all together, and while you can't tell from this picture, I'm standing on the thing with one foot, and not holding onto anything else. (it's about 11 feet off the ground, by the way)





















Here we are putting up the last, top piece.


No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...