Sunday, November 19, 2006

Getting the garden started


I don't know how this happened, but it seems the pictures that were taken today show just Melissa working... when in fact I believe I did all the work.

In these pictures, you can see (us..) working on the second terrace of our garden. We'll probably do a total of four levels. The first one is done, and covered with straw, to keep down the weeds and protect from heavy rains this winter.

We're using old logs from around the area as the 'retaining' walls between terraces, with good-sized redwood branches as posts. I'm surprised we're already working on the garden, as I thought we wouldn't get to it until next spring.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...