Thursday, May 15, 2008

Working through some of the mistakes:

So, when the concrete guy was here pouring the fast-drying stuff, I thought I had the spots marked out for where to put the bolts... I intended the thing to be bolted on alternate sides of the posts, up and down the frame. Well, that didn't work out when we finally got the posts in a line.


So, we had to work with some immovable objects... and just deal with where the posts ended up. Here you can see what's probably the worse one:





Since it had to be in the corner like that, we were able to use the 'oney' bracket and get it bolted in...

Same thing on this one, with the added bonus of the post not exactly being long enough to reach the ground (I love that joke) but we mixed up some concrete adhesive with some rough sand, and built the footing up to the post... and added an extra long bracket this time.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...