Sunday, March 22, 2009

Flattened the French door Threshold





After finally getting to the hardware store for more masonery mortar, we managed to get the french doorway up to level. First we had to finish mortaring in rocks to get it close, and then we put a layer of the gray goop on the top to bring it to final level. By pounding in stakes on either side and screwing a horizontal level board on each side (I took it apart before taking the picture) we were able to just take an old 2x4 and 'scree' across the threshold to easily find level.
In the photo you can see the two posts on the inside, and the level board there as well. I took down the outside half. Those metal flanges will bolt into the door buck - the rough door frame.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...