Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Big bunch of tree work

I realized I had to take a leaning tree down that was potentially going to fall someday on our future water tank. This created a huge amount of more work. Maybe you can see me standing down at the one end of the main trunk of the tree I cut in this photo:




It actually hit another tree as it fell, and broke off a bunch of that one too. There's basically twice as much wood that needs to get cut up into firewood behind me, further down the hill. Sometimes being frugal and making sure to use our resources as carefully as possible really makes a lot of work. I've got to cut it all up, haul it out of the valley, and then split it up, stack it, and someday burn it. yeow.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...