Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Burning in the Rain


Rained all day yesterday, so instead of cobbing (Melissa wanted to catch up on some mending projects) so I decided it would be a good day to try and get rid of some of the brush downhill from our living space.



I'm actually in this photo, taken at about 4pm. I'm standing behind the fire, the flames of which were actually about 5 feet tall. Melissa was standing next to our bathhouse looking north when she took this.
She worked on putting a new trim on our comforter cover. The old one had started to rip and fray from use. She used a piece of black silk from an old dress that came from her grandmother's house. (didn't fit her right anyway)

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...