Thursday, November 11, 2010

Finishing up the finish plaster

we got to the final batch of the earthen finish plaster the other day... (we still have to do kitchen and bath with different plaster) and I took some photos.

Here's Melissa working at the living room bench. Notice the sun coming in now that it's winter, and how nice the big round window is in the east.

Probably my favorite bit, the arm of the built in bench, with the Spanish tile in the top

Nice big bench!


and now, on to the lime wash, to make it white. Here I am starting in the closet, as our experiment section. it goes on real milky, but dries up quite white. We'll be doing 3 or 4 coats at least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is a really beautiful place Tys & Melissa. I wish Karen and I had the "umph", time and land to do it ourselves. We're not even sure if we'll be in biz next year as of this comment. Cheers from Big Head Farm in Michigan! Jody & Karen

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...