Friday, January 07, 2011

Over the door window

The last window is done! well, actually, most of them still need trim to close off the gaps around the edges, but as of today, the last of the glass got put in, officially closing in the house.

Here you can see a close up of the window over the french doors. I decided to use a round post for the middle divider, to replicate the pattern in the kitchen and the living room. Now that it's in, it looks a bit smaller than I intended, but I didn't want to cover up window area. This first photo actually doesn't have glass in it, and the trim pieces are cut so well as to be held in place by how tight the joints are - i.e., there's no screws or nails yet.

Here's the window with both pieces of glass in. These pieces of glass are scrounged from my neighbors, who's been collecting crap since the early 70s. There's a good chance these pieces of glass are 50 to 70 years old. They seem to have some ripples in them, like old-timey glass. Love that.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...