Thursday, June 28, 2012

Smoker, the Dirt Part

Now that the cabinet is built, I had to get the firebox and chimney in place. I found two 12' steel pipes in the woods, and set up a fireplace with some urbanite:
 Had some old pieces of steel drum that I cut to be the roof of the firebox (which is at the bottom of a small hill)
 Different view, same thing:
 and then buried everything and had a few small test fires in it to see how it works. 
I"ll have to move a bunch of sand away from the top of the pipes (it'll go into the patio) and then I'll get the cabinet in place.  This might not work at all, but I thought I'd better get started trying or I'll never have one. 

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...