Saturday, May 25, 2019

into the world of piston! Lister 6/1 piston cleaning.

Once again diving into an area I don't know enough about, I've pulled the cylinder off the Lister to see if there's something wrong with the piston (I was not getting compression)

Here's what it looked like when I pulled off the cylinder:

Here it is cleaned up a bit, basically the oil wiped off, but still attached:




Here it is in the sun, after I cleaned it up as best I could. I hope by cleaning it, I didn't mess anything up. All the rings seem to be working well. 


Here's the cylinder, that doesn't seem to look that bad:


No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...