Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Went and got a propane fridge....

off of either Craigslist or santacruz freecycle, I found a very nice person who was willing to let me come over and pull a propane fridge out of their old camper so I could work on building a sort of chest freezer when I figure out how to make it work. (long project for later)

I pulled up to a very quaint looking farm in a really nice looking area sort of east of Santa Cruz.

Here's the front of where I pulled up:
















The camper had been sitting there for quite some time, with leaks in the roof and mold on everything.

















The goats were curious, and a strange hazard. This one was like a puppy, and would jump up on his hind legs and try and nuzzle against me as I'd go back and forth from the truck to the camper. Just in case you can't tell, he's about 7ft tall when standing like that. I took this picture standing fully upright.





















it was a pretty easy job, in that they didn't care what I broke while I was in there. it was pretty weird though. here's a shot after I pulled the thing out.





















This is the little female goat that liked to butt into me. I tried to block her onslaught with a stiff-arm to her forehead, and now my wrist hurts (again -- a la my bike accident a year ago) cute goat though.




















No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...