Tuesday, February 13, 2007

When a tree falls in the forest......


heck yeah it makes a sound. This morning at about 7:15am (we were still in bed) this giant madrone came down in a huge crash.
















It's hard to show how big this thing is... the part that crosses the road is bigger than I can wrap my arms around.




















It fell right on top of the brand new Persimmon tree we planted, took a few branches off the apple tree, and hit a few of the blueberries.















Looks like with the heavy rains weighing down the leaves and perhaps a bit of rotted roots took it down. Glad I wasn't under it.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...