Thursday, February 21, 2008

Little Generator House.


I spent a day (afternoon of one and morning of the next) building a little generator shed up by our well. It's actually on the other side of the road, on my neighbor's property, and we share the water rights to the well.

I wanted to have a shed up there because my neighbors have 2 gas generators and only use one occassionally... and I have to drag our gas generator up there when I want to fill the water tank. (we fill it about every 6 weeks or so- I only let it get down to 3500 gal).



I figure I can talk the neighbors into putting one of their gens into this shed, which not only protects the generator, but the well head, and the electronics that go along with the well. The above picture is from the road, looking east.





The above is looking west, at the side with the door. Yes, I used pieces of an old car tire as hinges for the door.



Here it is with the top and door open. With the generator sitting on the white part, we should be able to just walk up, start it up, and flip the pump switch... I'm probably going to figure out a way for an extended exhaust pipe/muffler to go off into the woods, so it can be run fully closed. (it ain't air tight or nothing)

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...