Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mason Bees

We noticed the other day that Mason bees had started to move in to the small holes in the southern french door posts. While they probably wouldn't hurt anything, we felt that it just didn't seem like a good idea to have bees living in parts of the house, in fact we might hurt them as we kept building. So we built a couple of bee boxes, according to some instructions we found online. I put one of them right next to the post, so that after we puttied the holes in the post, they'd have somewhere to go.


They're great spring pollenators, so we do want them around... I just hope the hole size we were told to make is the right one (5/16th seems big to me). I also put one overlooking the fruit trees in the garden:

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...