Saturday, March 20, 2010

String idea

As I am working on the arch over the front door (using the corbel plan, of very straw-full cobs slowly arching towards each other with an eventual 'keystone' cob in the middle) I realized that because of my earlier idea to put the wooden sides of the door in, I had a unique anchor point for some extra 'nylon rebar' that could help me make sure this arch is a little stronger.






I guess it's hard to see in this photo, but I tied some of that blue baling twine across the gap, and am burrying it in. It can't hurt, and gives me a bit of stability on those outter edges before they meet.

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...