Friday, July 09, 2010

Floors are Done! well, tube layer

with another big round of heavy lifting, we've put cob in over the top of the tubes. This was normal 'cob' - clay, sand and straw, but not as much straw, and we cut up the straw a bit with a weed wacker before putting it in. In addition, the mix was much wetter, as it didn't need to hold a sculpted shape... so it was faster and easier to mix.

Still, glad it's over. Here's looking in the front door:

Again from the front door, looking west, into the house, you can see the shoe cabinet on the left, and the built in small bench across the living room:


Same shot, standing up looking through the whole house to the west. That's me, sweeping the kitchen floor.

No comments:

Starting anti-fire prep

Well, we never really stop.  But, took a picture of today's raking below the yurt.  Every year I work to get a bit wider swath cleared....