Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Progress on the windows

Now that Melissa did the sanding, to remove old paint, dirt and maybe mold, I put putty on all the cracks and holes, and glued bits of wood into the slots where the hinges used to be (they're the wrong kind of hinges, so I'll be putting different ones on later)

We then taped all the edges (both sides!) and I finally got one coat of a primer on them. It's actually some gray/tan paint that was given to us, and we figured it can't hurt to have a good base coat on there before putting on the finish color.. and we'll probably do a couple coats of that.

No comments:

Starting anti-fire prep

Well, we never really stop.  But, took a picture of today's raking below the yurt.  Every year I work to get a bit wider swath cleared....