Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Getting ready for various appliances

While we're still waiting for the propane guy to show up so I know where the shut-off valves will be, I've set up a batch of the cabinetry in preparation. A lot of things are determined by the height of other things... and the stove being a main one. We decided to put some tiles under the stove, instead of earthen floor, in part just to get it done, and so that if it ever needs to be dragged out of there, it won't gouge it up. (though I realized my hand truck moves the stove perfectly, so no need to drag it)

Here's the tiles in and done where the stove will sit. Now I know how tall to make the surrounding counter tops:

The other propane device is the fridge. Worse, it's the same one we use now, so I can't even build it in yet (I'm not sure *how* that transition will go) but again, waiting to figure out the valves, I can build parts of the enclosure, but not all. Interesting thing (that I'll brag about), all this is notched and wedged in, so it can be easily disassembled when the gas guy gets here.

And, did I post a picture of the sink in yet? Note the drain pipe is already connected!

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...