Thursday, May 12, 2011

Progress, Process, Possibilities

I figured out some additional ways to mount the 'faucet trunk' to the side of the house. I had these plastic strips from the back of a mirrored door, so I screwed them into the cob with 3" screws, and then to the top of the trunk before putting the lid on. Now, when we plaster all that in, it should be pretty solid:

It's officially solar cooker season! Granola gets underway:

While Melissa preps the shower wall to attach the mirror:

I'm exploring the possibility of cutting up this old oak table I got for free a year or two ago (a give away on craigslist that was just on my way somewhere). The stains you can see, by the way, are rat droppings. ugh.

I'm thinking of cutting the table up and making it into the counter top between the stove and the sink. this is the section - about 48" across the top side, and about 28" deep. The orange level is there defining the right (western) side, where tile would meet it.

No comments:

Starting anti-fire prep

Well, we never really stop.  But, took a picture of today's raking below the yurt.  Every year I work to get a bit wider swath cleared....