Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Clay and Dirt

Well, another repair job on the clay plaster under the stair runners was needed. I didn't take a picture of the big chunk that I peeled off (about a foot long) but here's a shot of the first round of limewash going onto the patch:
And here's after about 6 coats, all cleaned up (you can see it if you're up close, but this looks pretty good):
 Meanwhile, Melissa is digging away at the patio area, getting it ready for gravel, sand and stone. She uses flour to draw her lines on the ground.
 and has made all sorts of calculations based on the tops of the post footings.  We don't want the post footings to be low spots (where water could settle and then soak into the posts) and with the slope going down to the west, we have to figure out stairs and such... so each footing becomes a bit of a marker.  Unfortunately, we didn't really think about that back when we dug those footing they don't follow a specific pattern.

No comments:

Starting anti-fire prep

Well, we never really stop.  But, took a picture of today's raking below the yurt.  Every year I work to get a bit wider swath cleared....