Sunday, April 28, 2013

Worm hitchhikers and Shade posts

So there's this arthropod we see around sometimes, usually underground (ie we find it when we're digging) that's red and black, and strangely, we figured out it actually glow in the dark.  Well, I was picking miner's lettuce for dinner the other night, and I saw this little snail carrying one of these things around on it's shell. I wonder if that's a positive or negative relationship they have. 


Today was the first part of building the 'sun porch' for the patio.  I hope to get some hops roots from the neighbors and have them grow up and over this thing to create shade later in the summer.  I will probably also get some cloth or something to create shade while the vines grow.  

It just covers the main part of the south side... I might build onto it later, but I wanted to get some of it up and get 'proof of concept'.  That horizontal in front is 27 feet long. 

No comments:

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...