Friday, July 14, 2006

So, to make this somewhat chronological, and perhaps to put markers out where we can then go back and fill in details, I thought I'd start with a batch of early pictures and headlines.

This is a view looking SE from the main 'meadow', on a foggy day:

This is our truck, sitting in the meadow, looking NW:


This is looking down our 'driveway' looking west:

...and now, to the chainsaws. With my new sawmill and need to take some trees out where we're going to put the yurt, I now own two saws. One big one, one normal sized one. This is the big one:

and this is what the wood looks like coming off the sawmil:

Mike came out and helped set up the solar power trailer. We're good to go! Mike also helped take down a few trees in the spot for the yurt, as well as give some safety lessons for chainsaw use.

1 comment:

MagentaSky said...

wow, you guys are awesome! And I'm glad Scout is out and about supervising your work. She looks great! big hugs, Tracey, Angela & Sky.

Design Mistakes in my cob house

So, I have long meant to create a list of mistakes I made when designing the finishings on our house.  Now that we've lived in it for a ...